Hunters and Biodiversity: sketching biodiversity through cartoons
The “CIC Hunting in Art” prize was established with the aim to reward an artist, museum or cultural organisation, which promotes the values of hunting. The “2020 CIC Hunting in Art prize” will aim to showcase the contribution of hunters to biodiversity through the lens of comics. We want to show the world how much hunters do for nature and biodiversity.
Help us to promote our values and support wildlife conservation through your art. We are seeking humorous submissions, consisting of drawings / illustrations only. Please do not use written text in any comic strip / cartoon. Let your humour convey the message!
Please note that we are accepting artworks from all applicants, regardless of location, so we encourage you to send us your art!
Applicants are welcome to submit multiple artworks to the “Hunting in Art” Prize, and we recommend that all submissions are signed by the original artist.
1st prize: 700 EUR
2nd prize: 500 EUR
3rd prize: 300 EUR
Please send your art piece to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting digitally created artworks, or you may submit scanned copies of hand drawn art (A4 size, min. 150dpi resolution)
Deadline for submissions: 16 August 2020
- All correspondence will be by email only, exclusively in English, French or German;
- All participants must sign and send in the “Acknowledgment of Rules“ as stated hereafter.
- All drawings/illustrations and other documents sent in will be retained by the CIC but without any rights of the participants to such retention.
- Prize winning drawings/illustrations will be exhibited at the CIC museum in Palárikovo, Slovakia or at the Headquarters in Budakeszi, Hungary.
- The copyright of all drawings/illustrations remains the property of the artist, with the provision that:
- Participants declare to agree that the participating drawings/illustrations may be used by the CIC in all its publications, including websites, exhibitions and for the benefit of the organisation or to support the CIC’s statutory goals while mentioning the artist’s name at no charge;
- The CIC cannot be held responsible for the fraudulent reproduction by a third party of the selected drawings/illustrations published in the above-mentioned documents;
- All legal proceedings are governed by Austrian law and by the courts in Vienna, the legal seat of the CIC.
- All legal claims with respect to procedure and the awards excluded.
For more information please contact the CIC Headquarters.