The International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation is a politically independent advisory body internationally active on a non-profit basis. With its renowned scientific capacity, the CIC assists governments and environmental organizations in maintaining natural resources by sustainable use.
Missions / Objectives
The CIC and all of its components endeavor to advocate at all national and international bodies concerned with management of wild-living resources especially the following by demanding:
- recognition of the global environment as a common concern to all of us,
- respect for all forms of life in their ecosystems,
- conservation of nature, mainly the fauna, in the interest of the present and future generations by preventive and precautionary measures,
- avoidance of the loss of biological diversity, especially through the protection of endangered species,
- sustainable use of natural resources as an important tool for social and economic benefits and therefore as an incentive for their conservation,
- harvesting of game through selective taking while respecting the natural ecosystems,
- improvement of wildlife management and land-use,
- promotion of scientific research, education as well as information to the public supporting our cause,
- provide advice to the public authorities, national and international organizations and answer their demands.
The CIC pledges to undertake everything in its capacity in order to ensure that these objectives are met in an ethical manner and that these principles become the basis for all its orbital interventions and activities.