The CIC is following-up on its fight against wildlife crime:
The Selous Elephant Emergency Project (SEEP), a project jointly implemented by:
- Federal Government of Germany
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- The Selous Game Reserve (Tanzanian Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism)
- The Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)
- The International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC)
is rendering emergency assistance to the Selous, acting as a bridge in time between now and next year when a larger German development cooperation project will start. The project is joined by a number of supporting organisations and companies, such as Swarovski Optics, Hilleberg Tents/Sweden, Beho Beho/Selous, Conservation Force/Shikar Club.
We are seeking further partners and contributions to this vitally important project. If you wish to make contributions, both in the form of valuable equipment and materials for the Selous rangers or in the form of financial contributions, please contact the CIC Headquarters.